One of the oldest and best known chip shop owners is Max. Since 1842, he had his shop, along with the famous Rubens Statue at the Castle Square in Antwerp. When the straightening of the Schelde, the Castle Square disappeared, but not the Ruben image nor Fritkot Max. Both of them moved to the somewhat further away Groenplaats, at the foot of the cathedral. The original kiosk that stood out, unfortunately, could not be rebuilt at the prestigious square. But never mind, the ground floor of the XIX ° century Chips was included in the current interior.
Open all days: 12PM-12AM, only take-away
Groenplaats 12, 2000 Antwerp